Skip to main content

Healing Without Medicine! That's What I'm Talking About!

 
 
Since having Hasting, I have really done a TON of research. I've came to realization that medicine isn't the cure to everything. Dr's are quick to prescribe medicine, instead of really focusing on thier patient and finding other healthier options.
My lifestyle since birthing Hasting has become more laid back, therefore creating a more postive natural living atmosphere for my family & I. I've met a GREAT support system of moms locally, whom we all share a TON of common interests in. We have a "natural-living, attachment parenting" page on FB, and are all very close knit. One day while searching over the page, there was conversation of pediatric chiropractor care. My first thoughts were, "That's insane, taking your CHILD to see a chiro". Like all, I was quick to judge and had done NO research..like most people are quick to do. So I looked in to it more.
Chiropractic care for children addresses children's health conditions associated with the nervous and musculoskeletal systems. It is gentle, noninvasive and drug free. Chiropractic adjustments treat, resolve and prevent a wide range of health problems

 
This was my cup of tea. Anything drug free to help my child is an AMEN, HECK YES! Chiro care can help to treat acute and chronic conditions as well!
Here is a list of common childhood conditions that families have seen great impact from chiropractic care that you may not have thought of as chiropractic issues. Chiropractors do not necessarily treat or cure these conditions, but they have been shown to help in profound ways by treating the children suffering from them and enhancing their general health.
  • ADHD & Autism Spectrum Disorders
  • Ear infections
  • Common Cold
  • Colic
  • Constipation
  • Growing pains
  • Plagiocephaly
  • Scoliosis
  • Bed wetting
  • Breastfeeding difficulties
  • Birthing Trauma
  • Sports injuries (like Little League Elbow)
 
Hasting and I went for the first time with my best friend Jess and her daughter. They reffered us to an awesome Dr here in Kernersville. I decided it was time to go after Jess' daughter had been seen and had been adjusted. She was having issues with an ear ache, and after seeing Dr. Meylor, her symptoms improved tremendously and she was back on track. I decided to take Hasting just to check on things with him, and to see if there was anything he could do to help with Hasting's consitpation and the fact that he is a SUPER high needs child. So off we went.
This is where we go. The best part is, I could walk there from my house if I needed to (and if I had to, I seriously would!)
 
This is Dr. Meylor. THE most AWESOME Chiropractor EVER. wanna know something else awesome? He doesn't believe in vaccinations!!!!!! HOLY WOW right?
The first time Hasting and I went to see Dr. Meylor it was great! I had some xrays done so we could see what was going on with my body. Hasting had a spine alignment and had some pressure released from his neck. He was excellent, and wasn't scared at all!
As for me...
My neck is shifted slightly to the right
My right hip bone sits higher than my left
My spine is slightly curved (which could have led to Scoliosis)
My pubic bone sits really low from birthing Hasting, and squishes my lady bits!
And my left leg is slightly longer than my right.
So. The awesome things is, I can expect improvement in ALL of these things in 12-15 adjustments. Ican't tell you how much better I have felt since we have started going. Hasting's attitude has improved tremendously, and he poops on the reg now :)
I also have extremely horrible sinus problems, AND I can't seem to kick the habit of smoking. Guess what? I'm about to begin acupuncture for that.
 
Dude, they seriously do it ALL. If you have never been, I HIGHLY reccomend it. You never know, you may have some issues going on that you didn't know about like me!
If you're local, check out Dr. Meylor, and tell him Lindsay sent you!!!
 
 
 
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Plans may Fail, but God doesn't

I have decided to not go in to much depth about the passing of Sadler, but I do want to write about it. Writing is very healing for me. The following blog speaks of infant death, please only read at your discretion. Sadler's tiny body reacted negatively to the surfactant that was administered to him to help with the maturity of his lungs. His vitals were stable, until he was given the first dose of those steroids. The first call to come down to the NICU was terrifying. What's even more terrifying is walking in to the nursing staff and the neonatologist reviving your child. Chest compressions and intubation. Stats dropping to a low, low. Loud noises from machines going off. Sitting there, unable to do anything as your child lays there helpless and lifeless. The hospital chaplain approaches and asks if we would like to pray, and of course being a family of faith we do. We cry, and we pray. We pray, and we cry. I text my best friend, Shannon, and asked that she

VBAC Birth Plan

It has been over a year since I last sat down with my laptop for a blog. A LOT has happened. Most people who read these blogs are people who keep up with me frequently, so I won't bore you with some excessively long post about what we've been up to. The biggest thing though, is that we are expecting again! And we are only a little less than 2 weeks away from the delivery of our baby GIRL. I thought I would want to sit down and blog all about pregnancy after loss, and all the highs and lows that come with it. But the truth is, I've just really enjoyed being a little bit more low key with it. We've decided she is our last baby, and my husband took permanent measure to ensure that (love you babe). We announced the pregnancy publicly via social media after we found the gender out around 15 or 16 weeks.  I am planning to have a natural VBAC (vaginal birth after cesarean), with the hospital that we delivered Sadler at, which is also where Hasting was born

The Natural VBAC Birth of Daragh Wren

On Saturday morning, 12/14, I started having slight bloody show. I also had frequent bowel movements, which can be a sign that labor is near. I continued the day cleaning house, and doing all my normal daily routines. Saturday night, I ended up not getting any sleep. I slept for about an hour. I was having irregular, pretty strong contractions, that kept me up. However, I knew it wasn’t true labor.  Sunday morning, 12/15, I decided to call Chad’s mom and ask her if instead of taking the kids to church, if she would come to our house and sit with them. Because of the intensity of my contractions, I wanted to get out and walk. She came over, and Chad and I went to Aldi and got groceries, and brought them home. We left again and went out to the mall. We had lunch, and then we walked the mall down and back. When I got back, I did a PARTIAL miles circuit, and got on my ball doing a few different exercises to help baby descend. Chad’s mom left, and I got in bed. Around 10pm I noticed