Skip to main content

WOAH, 2 months already?


Hasting turned 2 months old yesterday! 

It's hard to believe that time has flown by SO fast! Chad and I are so blessed to have such a beautiful little angel in our lives! He is growing like a WEED! He has a doctors appointment coming up on Tuesday, so I'm excited to see how much he weighs and how long he is! I know he has grown in length for sure! He weighed 9 pounds 9 ounces 2 weeks ago, so we will see where he is at his 2 month check up Tuesday :)

He is very alert and loves to fight his sleep. He always wants to know what is going on around him and doesn't want to miss a THING! 


My laptop is dying and something is going on with my charger, so I must go for now, but another blog will be here later tonight or tomorrow!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Honest Answer 

"Oh I'm in pieces, it's tearing me up, but I know a heart thats broke is a heart that's been loved"..."When God takes you back he'll sing hallelujah you're home". Today we went to church, for the first time since I'm not even sure when. It's also where we had the funeral of our son. We got in the car, and I wasn't sure how I was going to handle pulling back in to that church. I think it's partially why I was secretly hoping that when we DID return back to church it would be elsewhere. But, in all fairness, I've grown very fond of Pastor Daniel and the whole congregation of that church. So I decided not to speak up to my husband about visiting a different church, because I knew once we got inside I would be happy I chose to come back to one of the places we said our final goodbyes to our son. We pulled in, and my eyes did swell with tears, but I held them back. Flashbacks from the funeral just kept cre...

Setbacks Over Progress. 

Tonight I was going through my phone, looking through old notes I had left myself in my phone. I noticed one from December 31, 2017. It was before 2018 hit us, and 10 days before our world started to  turn completely upside down.  It was a list of all the good things and accomplishments of 2017.  “Became pregnant with our fourth child”.  Just like that.  I remembered something I’ve been doing a LOT of recently. I’ve caught myself if the good moments, reflecting, but not in a good way. I look at old photos, from before Sadler, or before his pregnancy took a high risk turn, and I just bask in those moments of happiness. I try so hard to remember the happiness i felt in those photos. And just like that, hello guilt.  Almost 5 months has passed, and while there is no routine of how grief plays out, you begin to realize patterns and ways of how you deal and cope with all things associated with your grief. But as the time goes on, you start to notice thi...

Easy Homemade Fruit Snacks!

Fruit snacks are awesome, if they aren't filled with preservatives, HFCS (high fructose corn syrup), and all that other nasty crazy mess that's unknown. They're an easy snack, so it's something that's easily reached for. I always feel better making my OWN stuff for Hasting, because I know exactly what's in it. Even IF it isn't all organic ingredients, I still feel sooo much better knowing what's going in his and my (yes I eat these things too!) body!  A friend of mine made these a couple of weeks ago when we went to her house, and I'm pretty sure her recipe was the same! They are so good, and such a hit with Hasting! They won't last long in our home, and are good refrigerated OR kept at room temperature.  THE INGREDIENTS:  - 2/3C fresh lemon juice or orange juice (if you don't want sour/tangy I suggest using orange juice). I didn't have orange juice, nor FRESH lemon juice so I settled for what I had this go round!  - 2/3C of frozen OR fre...