Skip to main content

VBAC Birth Plan


It has been over a year since I last sat down with my laptop for a blog.

A LOT has happened.

Most people who read these blogs are people who keep up with me frequently, so I won't bore you with some excessively long post about what we've been up to.

The biggest thing though, is that we are expecting again! And we are only a little less than 2 weeks away from the delivery of our baby GIRL. I thought I would want to sit down and blog all about pregnancy after loss, and all the highs and lows that come with it. But the truth is, I've just really enjoyed being a little bit more low key with it. We've decided she is our last baby, and my husband took permanent measure to ensure that (love you babe). We announced the pregnancy publicly via social media after we found the gender out around 15 or 16 weeks. 

I am planning to have a natural VBAC (vaginal birth after cesarean), with the hospital that we delivered Sadler at, which is also where Hasting was born and where we went after Annestyne was born in the car. We have a very supportive team of midwives behind us! This pregnancy has been a very healthy pregnancy. Physically it has been a little harder, and of course emotionally.. it has been extremely hard. I took progesterone shots from week 16-35.5 weeks, but aside from that, I am not considered "high risk".

Tomorrow I have my 38 week appointment, and I will be handing over a copy of my birth plan. This is the first time that I have made a birth plan that seems so short. But as I was making it, I took into consideration all of the things that are now standard during /after birth. I have also learned the shorter, the better!


Birth Plan for Lindsay Gray

Thank you for being a part of our special day. I have made a quick outline for our wishes of achieving a successful vbac with you and your staff. Please be mindful that this is a healing birth for our family, after the traumatic loss of our son last year. 

Labor/Delivery

  • Free mobility
  • Limited internal checks
  • Doula and photographer present
  • NO IV
  • Labor in shower, if available with wireless monitors
  • Husband catch baby
  • Delayed cord clamping. PLEASE WAIT UNTIL NO LONGER PULSATING
  • Students are allowed, we just ask that it be kept to a minimum number  with medical talk being kept at lower tones
  • No guided pushing. Please do not count while pushing

NB Care

  • Baby with mom or dad at all times
  • NO Vitamin K, erythromycin , Hep B, or ANY vaccinations/biologicals
  • Please save placenta for encapsulation 
  • Do not wipe vernix from baby. 
  • No bathing of baby





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Plans may Fail, but God doesn't

I have decided to not go in to much depth about the passing of Sadler, but I do want to write about it. Writing is very healing for me. The following blog speaks of infant death, please only read at your discretion. Sadler's tiny body reacted negatively to the surfactant that was administered to him to help with the maturity of his lungs. His vitals were stable, until he was given the first dose of those steroids. The first call to come down to the NICU was terrifying. What's even more terrifying is walking in to the nursing staff and the neonatologist reviving your child. Chest compressions and intubation. Stats dropping to a low, low. Loud noises from machines going off. Sitting there, unable to do anything as your child lays there helpless and lifeless. The hospital chaplain approaches and asks if we would like to pray, and of course being a family of faith we do. We cry, and we pray. We pray, and we cry. I text my best friend, Shannon, and asked that she

The Natural VBAC Birth of Daragh Wren

On Saturday morning, 12/14, I started having slight bloody show. I also had frequent bowel movements, which can be a sign that labor is near. I continued the day cleaning house, and doing all my normal daily routines. Saturday night, I ended up not getting any sleep. I slept for about an hour. I was having irregular, pretty strong contractions, that kept me up. However, I knew it wasn’t true labor.  Sunday morning, 12/15, I decided to call Chad’s mom and ask her if instead of taking the kids to church, if she would come to our house and sit with them. Because of the intensity of my contractions, I wanted to get out and walk. She came over, and Chad and I went to Aldi and got groceries, and brought them home. We left again and went out to the mall. We had lunch, and then we walked the mall down and back. When I got back, I did a PARTIAL miles circuit, and got on my ball doing a few different exercises to help baby descend. Chad’s mom left, and I got in bed. Around 10pm I noticed